The Pirate Mermaid
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
~ Be the hero or villain of your own fairytale in this fantasy otome visual novel. ~
Ever since your father died searching for the mermaids' treasure, you've sworn to find it yourself. Becoming a pirate was the best way of accomplishing that goal...until your crew dumped you overboard during a huge storm.
Miraculously, you are saved and find a sorcerer who will make you a magical contract - with a catch. He'll transform you into a mermaid to grab the treasure, if you bring him a red vial from the mermaids. If you fail, you'll be turned into a lobster.
Now, you have six days before the spell ends. Will you become rich beyond your wildest dreams? Fail the contract and become lobster bisque? Perhaps you'll fall in love with a mermaid prince or sorcerer...or corrupt them with your evil pirate ways.
"The Pirate Mermaid" is an otome visual novel with many different choices and possibilities. You could become a legendary pirate, mermaid queen, sorceress, or (heaven forbid) lobster dinner. Your actions may make the other characters into your friends or lovers...or perhaps victims and slaves.
The game contains:
- 340,000+ words of content
- 3+ love interests/character routes with completely different stories
- a karma (good/evil) meter that changes the game based on your decisions
- 20+ endings determined by route and karma
Special features include:
- animated CGs, backgrounds, and chibi scenes
- partial voice acting in both English and Japanese
- galleries for achievements, art, music, and replayable scenes
- special hint systems for choices and stats
- customization options for the main character's name and appearance
- an original vocal theme song
- Protagonist (nameable) - A pirate captain after the mermaids' treasure.
- Mikali - The sweet and shy prince of the mermaids. (love interest)
- Sorcerer - An antisocial magic prodigy. (love interest)
- Malik - Mysterious troublemaking merman. (love interest)
- Jack - Your loyal right-wing bird, awk!
- Mimi - An adorable literal mer-maid.
- Ceto - The commanding chancellor of the mermaids.
The demo is about 50k words/several hours long. It contains the entire common route, plus the first day or two from the main character routes.
All of the special features (animations, partial voice acting, galleries, hints, etc.) are included, so please try it out! Comments, questions, and feedback are all welcome.
You can find us on:
- Tumblr (our main dev blog)
- Twitter (Nellie - art/voice, Aro - writing/code)
- Lemmasoft Forums
- Steam Greenlight
|Published||Oct 11, 2017|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Ren'Py, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||Anime, Dating Sim, Fantasy, Female Protagonist, Multiple Endings, Otome, renpy, Romance, underwater|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Tumblr (Dev Blog), Lemmasoft Forums, YouTube, Steam Greenlight|
Click download now to get access to the following files: